How to Make a Bottle Garden
You will need
- Gardening tools. Make these tools yourself. Get 4 pieces of bamboo about
30 cm long. Using wire tie cotton wool on one or a piece of sponge. Stick
a spoon into another and a spool into the last.
- Small gravel, moss, leaf mould and small twigs.
- 4 litre plastic bottle
- Three violets or small primroses
- A cup of water will be required at the end.
How it's done
- Put the gravel in first. About 2 cm is enough.
- Put in about the same depth of leaf mould next.
- Now put in the plants. Use the tamper for this. If the sides get dirty wipe
them clean with the sponge or cotton wool. Donít forget to put in moss and
sticks to give it a woodland floor look!
- Pour in about a cupful of water. You will never have to water this garden
again. Can you figure out why?
- Put the cap on. The task is now completed. You are now ready to observe
the water cycle. The water will evaporate and condensate.