Say the words:
Write out these sentences in your copy filling the blanks with a suitable "oo" word:
1. Don't _______________,
put the _______________ on the other foot.
2. One a fine day it is nice to _______________ off in the swimming _________________.
3. Last night I looked out and saw the full _______________.
4. The bride and _________________ walked down the aisle.
5. When I am in a good ________________ I like to _______________ a good book to read.
6. This _____________ is very cold, dark and _____________.
7. The mare had a sore _____________; a stone was stuck in it.
8. Tom nearly fainted when his front ________________ broke.
9. Get some water, that plant is beginning to _______________.
Write out these sentences in your copy filling the blanks with a suitable "ew" word:
1. There were a ____________
nests in the ___________ tree.
2. When the little birds ________________ they all left the nest and __________________ away.
3. The ship's cook made a pot of ______________ for the whole_______________.
4. As the car ferry ______________ near the port, we had a really good ________________ of the coastline.
5. She _____________ a stone at a windowpane and smashed it.
6. The gale force wind ______________ my hat away.
7. When we opened the calculator we lost one _____________.
8. John likes to buy some gum to ________________.
9. I ______________ she was a show-off.
Write out these sentences in your copy filling the blanks with a suitable "ue" word:
1. Sue lives in Parkwood
2. My favourite colour is ___________________.
3. At the bus stop you must join the _____________________.
4. The next bus is _______________ at four o'clock.
5. A ________________ is part of the chimney.
6. We go swimming after school every __________________.
7. Daddy broke his snooker _____________.
8. It is ________________, I like to make things with paper and ____________________.
9. Give me a _________________, what is the first letter?
10. She said she will _____________ if the paper prints the story.